Queenie Chan was born in Hong Kong in 1980, and migrated to Australia when she was six years old. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, and in 2004 she began drawing a 3-volume mystery-horror series called “The Dreaming” for LA-based manga publisher TOKYOPOP. To date, it has been translated into multiple languages.
She has since collaborated on several single-volume graphic novels with best-selling author Dean Koontz, as prequels to his “Odd Thomas” series of novels. After that, she worked on Small Shen, the prequel to Kylie Chan’s “White Tiger” Chinese fantasy series, followed by Fabled Kingdom, a 3-book fairy-tale inspired fantasy adventure done in a mix of prose and comics.
Currently, she is planning work on her next project.
Not everything I do is manga/comics-related, and I have other work that I’ve done over the years. It includes writings I’ve done for my blog, colour art, graphic design work from my (admittedly very short) graphic designer days, collaborations with people from other fields such as music, and little hobbies I do in my spare time.
- FAQ – This is an old list of Frequently-Asked questions I get from people.
- Other Writings – I do write a fair bit when I find the time, and I collect the more interesting writing in this section.
- Gallery – My art and graphic design
- Music-Related Work – My collaborations with musicians, including some featured musicians.
- Knits and Bits – I like to do arts and crafts in my spare time, and I’ve posted pictures up of the results.
Last Updated: 25th March, 2017